Posts Tagged ‘Download’
By now, almost everyone has seen an online video from a streaming video site like YouTube, Google Video, and Break. Many individuals have probably even come across a video clip they loved so much that they wanted to add it to their personal collection. Without the proper knowledge, however, on how to download streaming video, this could turn into a very frustrating process. To prevent this, read this complete guide on how to download online videos.
Streaming video 101
Streaming video is a fairly new technology, so, before discussing exactly how to download streaming videos, it may be helpful to explain precisely what this is. Streaming video is basically video that is transmitted over the Web. The sending and viewing of the video is done in real time. This means that, right when the viewer receives data transmitted from a sender, the video can be played.
Online videos provide a great amount of convenience for Internet users. With the introduction of streaming video technology, a wide collection of video clips has been made available to the world. Additionally, online videos make viewing a much simpler process, as watching these clips does not require the installation of media software. Videos streamed over the Internet can be downloaded and viewed directly in any browser. Read the rest of this entry »
Unlimited music downloads are now made readily available on the internet from different online music stores and services. Some go on a pay-per-download basis, while others go on a subscription service, either on monthly or one-time basis. They reportedly carry millions of sound tracks and MP3 files from all the known music genres you can ever find. The question of where to download music is therefore answered by going to these music services which provide unlimited music downloads. But it is equally important to know which are the best deals in town when locating where to download music online. We take a look at what is downloading online music from these music download sites all about.
Major online music stores like HMV, Amazon and so on carry many labels and their selection is fantastic with loads of music pieces, movie soundtracks, songs, music videos and practically unlimited music downloads are available for you to download. Never worry about where to download music again. However, music lovers after getting the thrill of downloading lots of music files start to feel the pinch. This is where the latest new generation of music download sites would make them scream with excitement again.
You see, the new music download sites offer unlimited music downloads. And by that, it means that you not only can find any title or album you want but also download them without any quantity restriction. Be it 1000 songs or 10,000 songs that you intend to download, it does not matter. These music download sites would charge you only once for unlimited music downloads at an affordable rate that even teens have the ability to get their memberships. That is the whole intention of the music download sites, to reach the mass musical audience.
But there are almost a dozen of unlimited music downloads sites that solve your problem of where to download music quickly. So it can be quite a challenge to decide which to go for. Do not worry as here are some useful tips to help you along to decide where to download music from which music download sites for unlimited music downloads. These would find you the suitable music download site.
Be sure to first check out the music selection of these music download sites. There is really no point in using them even if they have millions of music pieces and songs, ie unlimited music downloads in their collection but none are what you want. Most should carry the general range of music that are more common like pop, rock and so on. But if you are looking for specific niche genres which are a little bit uncommon, you need to check if the music collection at these music download sites carries your desired label or brand of music.
Secondly, you need to confirm the file format of the music files you are downloading from the music download sites. This is easy as many have unlimited music downloads in MP3 format. This is the most commonly readable format used by most MP3 players or digital portable players. So as long as the music download site has it, you know this is where to download music so that you can enjoy unlimited music downloads on your player.
Another thing to take note of is some music download sites for unlimited music downloads require you to download special client application in order to download music online. If you are a frequent traveller, you may not like the idea that you need to install software on your computer in order to download music. This means that you can only do so from home. As such, you may want to go for those that do not require any client applications to do so. That said, the client application does not need a lot of computer resources and can be easily installed and removed. It is really your choice when getting the unlimited music downloads from the music download sites.
Anyone who wishes to learn more about where to download music at amazingly low one-off prices can visit my music blog and begin your journey of putting unlimited music downloads on your computer or MP3 player.
The invention of the iPod makes it easier than ever to take along your favorite media. Whether you’re interested in movies, TV shows, music videos, or sporting events you can now take all your programs with you. The iPod is one of the best portable media devices to come along in years.
One frequently asked question is how to download iPod movies to the device for viewing at a later time or on a later date. Your first objective should be to join a network that allows you to download movies to your iPod. There are many networks across the internet that sell iPod movie download subscriptions. Generally speaking, you will get the best value for your money if you can find a network that allows you unlimited iPod movie downloads for a one-time subscription price. Beware of the websites that ask for a sign up fee, then also hit you with a fee for every movie you download. If you love to download iPod movies, the download fees can add up quickly.
Once you have your network account set up, just follow these 10 easy steps to download movies to your iPod.
1. Browse your chosen iPod subscription network for the movie, video or sporting event you want to download.
2. Once you find the desired movie, you should be able to click the video’s title, image thumbnail or download button.
3. Look for the ‘Video iPod/Sony PSP’ option in the drop-down menu. It should appear on the video’s playback page. Please be aware that you can only download the movie if your iPod has video capabilities.
4. Choose ‘Video iPod/Sony PSP’ from the drop-down menu and then click download.
5. Save the movie or video on your computer in a location you will remember.
6. Now you can connect your iPod to your computer.
7. Open the Apple iTunes application. Select ‘Add File to Library’ from the ‘File’ menu in the iTunes application. Browse your computer for the video you previously downloaded and click ‘Open.’
8. click ‘Edit,’ then click ‘Preferences in the iTunes application. Next, click the ‘iPod’ tab, then click ‘Videos,’ and then ‘Automatically update all videos.’ Lastly, you should click ‘OK.’
9. The iTunes application will copy the movie to your iPod automatically.
10. To play back your movie on your iPod, click ‘Videos,’ then click ‘Movies’.
That was the down and dirty, quick lesson on how to download iPod movies. A good source of helpful information should be the user’s manual that came with your iPod or customer support from the maufacturer. The best sources of helpful information are friends who already own an iPod and have some experience with the device. They can also help you learn how to download IPod movies for your enjoyment.
Vista, the new operating system from Microsoft, is being marketed as a revolution for the personal computer. All the enticing benefits the new system offers have spurred lots of people to download Vista Windows. If you’re contemplating upgrading your XP-running PC, here are some factors you need to address first.
1. Check your PC.
Before you download Vista Windows, check your computer if it’s ready for upgrades. To do this, you need to download and run the Windows Upgrade Advisor tool. This will assess your computer and give you a list of the Vista versions that are compatible with your unit. To be able to download Vista Windows, your computer must have at least 800MHz. Premium-ready PCs need at least 1GHz.
2. Make sure you have enough memory and hard drive space.
Another thing to note before you download Vista Windows your PC must have at least 512 MB of RAM. The minimum requirement for a premium-ready PC is 1 GB of system RAM. Plus, to be able to download Vista Windows, your hard drive size and free space must be no less than 40 GB and 15 GB, respectively.
3. Determine graphics adapter capability.
To enable you to download Vista Windows, your graphics adapter must be DirectX 9 capable. Premium-ready machines need at least 128 MB of video RAM to be able to download Vista Windows. Cards that are Vista-capable should have a minimum 64 MB of video RAM. These requirements need to be met if you plan to exploit the Aero Glass graphics. Otherwise, if your existing video adapter is Vista-capable, there is no need to upgrade it. It should be noted that a notebook computer with graphics card that is not compatible has a lesser chance of a successful upgrade to the new system.
4. Your computer must have a DVD drive.
So you can download Vista Windows, your PC should have a DVD drive in which you could install Vista.
5. Determine the version of Vista your computer is capable of running.
Before you download Vista Windows, determine first the version most appropriate for your computer. The five different editions are:
· Windows Vista Home Basic – provides basic operating system usability; suitable for average home users; will sell for $200 for new PCs, and $100 as an upgrade for those with existing Windows license
· Windows Vista Home Premium – offers more functionality than previous Vista Home Basic version; best choice for most PC users; features Aero and Media Center interface, DVD Maker, Movie Maker HD, backup scheduler, SideShow that allows use of auxiliary displays, comes with a Sync Center to synchronize files with other PCs over a home network, and parental controls; premium costs $240 for new computers and P160 as an upgrade if you have an existing Windows XP Home license
· Windows Vista Business – useful for standard business needs; comparable to Windows XP Professional; will be a staple on the corporate desktop.
· Windows Vista Enterprise – has advanced features like BitLocker Drive Encryption for laptops, application compatibility tools, and multi-language support
· Windows Vista Ultimate – has all the features of Vista Home Premium; features support for dual CPUs (multi-core are supported in lower versions), remote desktop host, file encryption (with full-drive BitLocker capability), faxing, domain-based networking for office networks, and web hosting; will sell for $400 for new PCs and $260 as an upgrade if you have an existing Windows XP Home or Pro license.
6. Existing applications must be capable of running under Vista.
To ensure that you can download Vista Windows and install it successfully, run the Application Compatibility Toolkit to help you distinguish the applications that may not be operate under Vista.
7. Back up your data.
Before you download Vista Windows, do not forget to back up your data. Prior to installation of the new operating system, be sure to check that you have all the installation media from your existing software and the proper licensing information.
The steps above are all essential requirements that you need to consider before you download Vista Windows. Also, notebook computers and desktop PCs should be able to meet all the hardware specifications.